Monday 6 January 2014

Lemon Pesto Chicken

Untitled
Lemon Pesto Chicken

 I read the recipe on Moms with Crock Pots for Lemon Pesto Chicken and thought it sounded delicious and, more important, easy. Today was my first day back at work since Christmas, so it seemed like an ideal day to put the new machine to the test.

Adjustments
I really made no adjustments to the recipe, though I cooked it for longer than suggested (out of necessity - I wasn't home on time).

Preparation
This was incredibly easy. I used five chicken breasts, covered with a tub of fresh pesto (from Dunnes Stores) and put the halved lemon on top. It took less than 5 minutes to gather the ingredients and put them into the pot. The only preparation was halving the lemon.

When I got home I just cooked enough pasta for 4 (Ms Fussy Eater had decided to eat at her friend's house).

The Result
The chicken was so tender it fell apart, combining with the pesto and lemon juices to make a substantial pasta sauce. There was less juice than I expected. There was just about enough for 5 portions, though we only needed 4. So, there are some leftovers in the fridge.

The Verdict
Mr Teenager volunteered that it was "very nice" though the combination of lemon and pesto was "weird". The Italian au pair concurred.

I was happy with this dish, it tasted good and was very easy. I think it will become a regular in our mealplan. In future, I think a side salad would be a good idea, and I'd like to try cooking it for a little less time. But that will have to wait until I have a day off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment